Teralytic is a soil analytics company that makes it easy for farmers to grow more using less, while reducing the environmental impact of agriculture. Teralytic’s wireless probe contains 26 sensors to provide the most detailed soil quality data available, reporting soil moisture, salinity, and NPK at three different depths, as well as aeration, respiration, air temperature, light, and humidity. With no wires and an incredibly easy set-up, we provide customized recommendations and send real-time alerts to farmers’ phones and desktops.
Teralytic works hard to make it easy for farmers. Traditionally, soil testing is a manual and time-intensive process that can take days or weeks. But with Teralytic’s sensors constantly checking and reporting on soil quality—24 hours a day and 365 days a year—farmers can now respond to changes in the fields faster, before they become problems.
The Teralytic probe is a simple and incredibly easy-to-use product that generates real-time data collection and analysis of all soil types, anywhere in the field. Using 26 sensors to provide the most detailed soil quality data available, it reports on soil moisture, salinity, and NPK at three different depths, as well as aeration, respiration, air temperature, light, and humidity. And with our long-range wireless network, we offer connectivity for large farms in all parts of the world.
These previously inaccessible types and quantities of data help manage soil quality with precise control. Teralytic provides strategy recommendations customized to each crop, from the topsoil to below the roots, with real-time alerts sent to farmers' phones or desktops.
Our goal within farmers’ lives is to simplify. We work seamlessly into the farmers’ everyday routine, getting the data they need, when they need it, and freeing up time and energy to focus on what’s most important for their farm.
Soil Sensors as a Service
- The Teralytic probe contains 26 sensors: microclimate sensors measure air temperature, humidity, and light; soil sensors measure soil moisture, salinity, soil temperature, pH, nitrate, potassium, and phosphorus; and gas sensors measure aeration and respiration.
- These sensors take a snapshot of soil conditions every 15 minutes.
- Probes connect to a gateway through LoRa wireless technology. The gateway sends data to the cloud via either cellular, satellite, or a standard internet connection, which can be accessed on any cellular device or desktop computer.
- Teralytic charges up front per probe plus a yearly subscription. This SaaS-based model includes sensors, networking, software, and analytics.
- Teralytic’s dashboard features a farmer-friendly interface that gives farmers all the info they need, when they need it.
- Using Terascore, our best-in-class metric that analyzes hundreds of data points from your farm and industry statistics, we summarize what farmers need to know about soil health and easy, actionable insights for their specific farms. Terascore is completely customized to the unique profile of the farm.
- Farmers get real-time alerts on their phone or desktop when the probes detect poor soil conditions for their crops—so they can take action before problems occur.
- Farmers can also look ahead and gain insights about soil’s fertility both now and into the future, making crop planning easier than ever.
On the cutting-edge of smart farming, we have a team of PhDs, engineers, and specialists with decades of agriculture and soil science experience from top schools. The team is split between New York City and the U.C. Berkeley nanofabrication lab.
A limited number of probes are now available for pre-ordering at Teralytic.com. Users can sign up and calculate how many probes are needed through our easy online tool.
In the Media
Ag News Daily: Podcast with Steve Ridder
The Spoon: Teralytic Sensors Help Farmers Manage Their Fertilizing
Western Producer: Wireless Real-Time NPK Readings from Your Field
Successful Farming Magazine: Teralytic Releases NPK Soil Probe for Pre-Ordering
Precision Farming Dealer Magazine: Precision Farming Dealer Editors Compile Key Takeaways from InfoAg 2018
Precision Farming Dealer Magazine: Ten Ag Technologies That Are Changing Agriculture
American Agriculturalist: Sensors on the March
Brownfield Ag News: Teralytic Achieves Ag Data Transparent Certification